Sunday, April 25, 2010

"When one door closes, another one opens." -BiTTeRsWeeT!

So today is Sunday which means I have exactly 5 full days left in Mérida, Venezuela… it is definitely bitter sweet. Considering I have 3 tests, 3 papers, and 1 project due this week, I am kind of ready to head home. I know that I have so much to look forward to: family, friends, eating healthy, working out, practicum at the Nebraska Medical Center, Ben visiting me, KC to see my favorite little boys, Jewish leadership retreat in Baltimore, my 21st birthday, and then CAMP! It seems as if when one chapter of my life closes, another one quickly opens. It will be nice to be busy, but I know that once I get settled into the summer, I will miss this chapter of my life that is quickly ending. I have not only learned a lot about Spanish and Venezuela, but I have learned a lot about myself. Coming to Venezuela, or studying abroad in general, has been one of the greatest decisions of my life. I have made special friends and memories, taken TOO many pictures, and had experiences that will never leave my heart. I have seen some of the most beautiful places on earth and I hope to someday share this incredible country with my family. I look forward to applying all of the things I have learned to other aspects of my life. Plus, being here has given me the urge to travel. There are so many beautiful places on earth and I need to visit as many of them as money and time will allow. Next big trip→ Europe 2011.

Thank you all for reading my blog throughout my time here. I love you all and look forward to seeing you again… soon!

<3 Kelsey Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment