Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; None but ourselves can free our minds." -Bob Marley


The past week has been filled with busyness and happiness! We finally had a full week of classes which brought with it, lots of reading and writing. Tuesday was the first salsa dancing class and it was so much fun! The basic steps are pretty simple but the turns are much harder. I am looking forward to more classes and practice. On Wednesday we finally went to the bar called Mojitos which is close to our house. We had heard lots of good things about it, and boy was everyone right! The drinks are amazing, the atmosphere is perfect, and the workers are very cute ;) Our chill Wednesday night turned into a little more of a rumba night than we planned on, but it was probably one of my favorite nights thusfar!

On Thursday... OUR PARENTS FINALLY CAME HOME! They are so cute, fun, nice, and perfect. I am really excited! Then we went out for sushi with a group of people and it was by far one of the best sushi experiences I have ever had. I will definitely be going back there in the future! :) Then we hit up the popular discoteca for the first time, called Racing. It was a lot of fun! Lots of music, dancing, lights, fun, etc. Only complaint I had was the lack of Salsa! They played a lot of Regaton which is like Latin hip hop. Fun, but not salsa...

Friday was a homework/chill kind of day.

Today (Saturday) we went PARAGLIDING through the mountains! It was absolutely magical and I am so glad that I went. Only problem was that my breakfast didn't want to settle and I threw up when I landed.... whooops?! But it makes for a good story, and the overall experience was still one of a kind.

Tonight I am hoping to find some SALSA somewhere and tomorrow we are going to watch the beauty pageant that is being held on our street for Pre-La Feria activities. Then we are going to watch the Super Bowl at VENUSA.

Overall, everything is finally falling into place and I could not be more content.
Stay smiles everyone, even though the snow doesn't seem to let up. Thinking of you all!
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment