Saturday, February 27, 2010

the simple life.




It is amazing how chill everything is here. In fact it is almost humorous. At school we get a break in every class and our teachers sometimes say "15 minutes North American Time" or "15 minutes Venezuelan Time". There truly is a difference. At home there are so many rules, laws, order, and EVERYTHING is on a schedule. Here it is much more laid back. There are laws, yes, but people don't exactly comply with them and NOTHING is on time. Although both countries have their issues, I find that it is actually good for me and nice to not always be on a schedule with to do lists and a constant plan. It is nice to relax and take in all of the gifts around me, especially nature: The constant view of mountains.

So just like nothing is predictable here, my weekend also did not happen as according to "plan" but it was even better. Aside from feeling kind of crummy, Brittany and I took the time to explore the city a little bit. Yesterday which was supposed to be pool day turned into to Mercado Principal and long walks. I bought some salsa picante and FELL IN LOVE! I cant wait to buy lots of jars to bring back to the States with me, it is amazing. And I also got a really pretty piece of artwork.

Today, we went to the botanical gardens instead of a hike. They were beautiful and lots of fun. Then we went to Plaza Mayor and I splurged and got an adorable shirt. But I can justify it cause it goes with leggings, jeans, winter, summer, and could even be a beach coverup. So I am content. Then we went to Sushi Tei to finally say bye to our friend that is going to Germany. So sad but so yummy.

Tomorrow will hopefully go as planned. I am looking forward to homemade pizza and playing with the adorable kiddos :)

Also, Ben got me and him Dave Matthews Band tickets for Minnesota in September. I am so excited. It has been a concert that I have always wanted to go to. He Is so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment