Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oh... so you mean I have to study too?

The past week was one with lots of schoolwork, but it feels good to have gotten it over with. I guess it was bound to come eventually... haha

On Tuesday, I was able to Skype with Ben, which was the highlight of the week, it is so nice to see his face and we finalized the date when I will get to see him again…. May 6th.. I can handle that! Tuesday night, we had cooking class at school and learned how to make Arepas—Yum!

Wednesdays are always long but that night two of my Venezuelan friends stopped by to give me a little break from studying, which was nice and much needed.

Thursday was el dia de liberacion ☺… for me at least! I took care of a presentation and test and then went on a little exploration with my friend Megan. We went to el centro to finalize our ziplining plans, had lunch together at an adorable cafĂ©, and went to Mercado Principal… TWICE! I got some gifts for my cousins, more incense, a t-shirt, and really fun hippie pants that will be great for Margarita Island! That night we continued the liberation…. And WENT OUT! We started at my friend Albertos house with some wine and guitar hero. Then went to Birosca and Poco Loco. Got home at 4 am… EXHAUSTION but very worth it.

Friday… our good friends Luis and Alexi took me and Brittany to this little mountain town called El Valle. We had a really yummy lunch, a peaceful day on a cliff, took fun pictures and just relaxed. That night, we hit the bed at 10…. Much needed.

Saturday was a very productive day. I worked out in the park, got some homework done, and then WENT ZIPLINING! It was a blast! Minus the bugs…. My legs are BITTEN UP and so so itchy ☹! Also, my camera doesn’t have the string to attach to my wrist so I didn’t get very many pictures but my friend Megan got some GREAT ones and videos too! So I will certainly be sharing those as soon as she puts them up. That night I just had a chill night with a few of my Venezuelan friends and was home by midnight.

Today, Sunday, I am going to work on some more homework and then go to my friend Andres’s soccer game at 330! He is really good so I am really excited to take a break from schoolwork, sit in the sun, and watch his mad skills!

MARGARITA ISLAND—SIX DAYS!
HOME- SIX WEEKS! >>bitter sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment