Sunday, March 7, 2010

una simple fantasia

This weekend was probably one of the best of the entire semester..... There was seriously not a dull moment!

Friday- dominated my linguistics test, went for a run, got my nails done, went to mercado principal AGAIN- bought an artsy mirror, incense, a gift for ben, and got FREE fruit from the farmers, then Britt and I got some dinner and wine and went out! We went to our friend Andres house and then to a club called Gradas. It was sooo fun! Lots of people, lots of dancing, and lots of partying. We got home at 330 AM. But SO worth it.

Saturday- our late night didn't stop us! We woke up at 9:30 and headed for a hike through the mountains! It was a great work out but still relaxing and enjoyable. Sometimes I think it is really nice to get away from the city and just be in touch with nature and natural silence. Plus, it felt good to exercise. That night we went bowling for our Venezuelan friends birthday. Britt was feeling tired so she went home and I went out by myself with ALL Venezuelans! It was really fun. We just kind of hung out at this boys house and then hung out in the street dancing to salsa music out of my friends car.... I GOT HOME AT 6 AM!! But again, SO worth it.

Today, Sunday- Pizza with our favorite family finally worked out! :) We spent the ENTIRE day at their house and it is so cute. We made DELICIOUS homemade pizza and cookies, played soccer in the street, and just enjoyed each other's company. The parents are the nicest people ever and the kids are absolutely adorable. It was probably one of the best days ever. Except that my baby toenail completely ripped off... that was no bueno.

Now I am pooped from my late nights and lots of fun! But this week should be pretty chill. I have a test on Wednesday and that's about it. Britt leaves for Ecuador on Thursday so I will be kind of lonely but I am sure I will still make the most of the weekend and have a blast with other people, it might be good for me to spend time with other people!

Starting to feel kind of sad that it is already MARCH! I am really making a life for myself here and it will be really weird to leave for good..... but at least I have a fun summer to look forward to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment