Thursday, March 4, 2010

a week to remember

Monday- Venezuelan cooking night! Postre Melocoton- a good night with good people! Especially the family of the cafeteria. They definitely win the cutest, nicest family award :)

Tuesday- Yoga in the morning and Fiesta de Tambores at night!- a fun night learning a new style of dancing with a live band! Then we took the party to our two favorite bars: Mojitos and Poco Loco! Also, I was able to skype with Ben this day! It made my day :)

Wednesday- Since there are professors and advisors from the states visiting the school, our teachers went on a field trip with them and therefore we didn't have classes! I couldn't think of a more perfect day not to have classes because Wednesdays already stinkkk and then I had one less test this week!! Instead we went to Mercado Principal and the pool. I got way burnt but it was very relaxing and very worth it. That night I grabbed a beer over some dominoes with a few friends.

Thursday- Yoga in the morning then Politics test :/ In the evening VENUSA hosted a sangria making contest (MY TEAM WON and got t-shirts for a prize!), karaoke, salsa dancing, and hot dogs. Then we went to Mojitos with our friends Ray and Marey. They are so nice and the cutest couple EVER! It was a nice evening but it ended early because I have another test tomorrow.

Unfortunately the day trip for VENUSA was postponed AND the Wisin and Yandel concert was cancelled.... therefore my Friday will consist of my Linguistics test and then who knows! We are hoping to go out with Marey and Ray again. A hike on Saturday. and to the family's house from the cafeteria on Sunday to make pizza. But as you can tell.... nothing ever goes as planned! So stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment